Author Topic: Help required with lifeboat  (Read 2289 times)

manxman

Help required with lifeboat
« on: June 15, 2008, 03:58:20 »

Hi Guys,

I'm nearing the end of my "Pacific Light" build (my version of Pacific Buccaneer) and need some help with the lifeboat
The plan gives an aerial view but no side views and I can not determine the shape of the internal seats/control console.
Does any one have any photos ether from real OSVs or models they can put up on the forum for me.

Cheers - Ken
No matter which way you throw me - I'll always stand.

Captain Jack

• Uniform of the day at sea?
Re: Help required with lifeboat
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:50:51 »
I need more info. Are you talking about an abandon ship survival boat in leu of the canister type self deploying life rafts, or do you want the work/rescue type rhibs? By the way, what scale are you building to?
Fair winds, and following seas....
Captain Jack sends>>>>>

manxman

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:02:08 »
Hi Captain Jack,

Not sure what type it is, which is a lot of help, its more of a run around/rescue type. The abandoned ship type are usually enclosed and this little fellow is open, its definitely NOT a Carley (white cannisters) or a rhib (ridgid inflatable).  Scale is 1:48 which would make the lifeboat about 5" in length.
I've enclosed a photo of the type (probably the best shot out of 50) but none show any close up detail of the lifeboat plus one of the model its going on.
I've already made one and fixed it in place, but it still looks "too" plain and wants a little more detail.

Cheers - Ken

oops - forgot the photos ...

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:22:31 by manxman »

-Martin-

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:45:17 »
According to the Pacific Buccaneer specification sheet the MOB boat is a Norsafe Magnum.

Hope this will helt you.

Brgds

Martin

manxman

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 08:10:10 »

Hi Martin,

Many thanks just what I need.  I've already made 'My' version of the boat and fixed her in place, but with your pictures, I should be able to alter her in situ. One thing I'll have to do is replace the prop with a jet drive, and a few minor alterations.  Luckily I've got the basic boat shape right.

Again, many thanks, Ken