Author Topic: Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats  (Read 3357 times)

thelongbuild

• Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« on: March 20, 2008, 12:56:51 »
A Static Model Boat Display by Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats is to be held at the Merseyside Maritime Museam. (Albert Dock) 1st Floor near the Titanic exhibition

26th & 27th April

Entry to the Museam is free.

Pictures from the event

www.photobox.co.uk/album/29105648
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:38:44 by thelongbuild »
Next Build M.S.C Volant after 1 other.

thelongbuild

Hi All
Over the last weekend my club displayed at the Annual Cheshire Steam fair and was blessed with reasonable weather on the saturday and glorious weather on the Sunday i.e. It did not rain..  I have attached a link to the photos taken, a few tugs as well as other boats plus a few items from the show it's self..

I also in a joint project with another forum member arty69uk tested out a camera with waterproof casing on a tug tow, and although we were limited by the 16 * 16 ft pool obtained  some good footage, and hope to upload these once I work out how to edit said footage.

www.photobox.co.uk/album/56886494

Larry

tango

Re: Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 11:38:48 »
Hi Larry, just spent an hour looking at he pics, looks like it was a good show. There was a good display of models there. I liked the croc.........Well cool..

Mark.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:35:28 by tango »
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.

thelongbuild

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 13:37:57 »
Hi Lay, just spent an hour looking at he pics, looks like it was a good show. There was a good display of models there. I liked the croc.........Well cool..

Mark.
It was a good show , considering we were at the bottom corner of the field we had a continual stream of people not to mention kids and a few adults wanting to have a go with the some of the models we put out for them to use. Was my first full display I have attended and had a great time, plenty of bits & Bob stalls around.
Originaly I had just ubnder 300 photos but whittled them down to 215.

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 16:51:39 »
Great mix of photos. Interesting to see that the pond is set back from the public a bit - we had a pond up recently at a function - little and a bit older hands managed to grab a couple of boats and damage them before members could react in a discreet way. Have to convince our members to put up a bit of a buffer between fingers and pond.

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 20:43:49 »
Fantastic pictures, and models!!
MIKE

thelongbuild

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 04:17:40 »
. Interesting to see that the pond is set back from the public a bit - we had a pond up recently at a function - little and a bit older hands managed to grab a couple of boats and damage them before members could react in a discreet way. Have to convince our members to put up a bit of a buffer between fingers and pond.

I would recomend that you do , every now and again we took the play boats out so that some of the larger and faster models could be displayed , some of the props could easily hurt a child and that could be costly to the club, I took a few underwater shots while messing around with a new camera which shows the speed of some of the boats..hope to get these posted soon.

thelongbuild

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 11:24:22 »
Have added some vidoe footage on to utube, Nothing spectacular I'm afraid but just a bit of fun, testing out a new 5mb Camera with waterproof cover from Tesco's for 29.97, was not originaly impressed with the practice indoor pictures but these were not to bad , will be adding more as I upload them (seems to take ages) !!.

www.youtube.com/user/RuncornSMBC