Author Topic: Avenger and Hibernia  (Read 15268 times)

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
Re: Avenger and Hibernia
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 02:40:51 »
 ^-^  Hi Wolfgang,  unfortunately the hull was not the only thing that I found wrong with the kit

The one that I built had a lot of modifications to do before she looked somewhere near correct.
 also i found the quality of the mouldings somewhat suspect, like putting my finger through the hull, for one.   Geo
Tugs are for life      George B

ribfreak

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 00:10:09 »
Ouch!!! ???

Those fiberglassed parts look really terrible, George. Is that considered to be normal with an UK-made kit? Can hardly believe it......

Guess Im really better off buying just the plan which is available on the net- is at least that plan worth it`s money?

Wolfgang

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 02:34:29 »
Hello Wolfgang, well no, actually most kits are very good ,but I also had a bad hull when I made the P S Waverley from a fibre glass hull it had been trimmed so badly that I had to re build the stern up to deck height by about 12 mm, I much prefer to make my own hulls from timber.  all the best  george.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:36:36 by model tugman »

theoldfart

• Great Yarmouth Model Boat Club
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 12:13:41 »
Thanks for the pictures guys,

just starting to built an Avenger or Hibernia, can't make my mind up as to which name to use.

TOF
Great Yarmouth Model Boat Club
www.greatyarmouthmbc.co.uk

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 06:45:46 »
Ha Ha it depends on which colour scheme you are going to use, the Avenger when in Elliot's colours was a very dark looking tug all black and dark brown , the Hibernia was lighter looking in Watkins colours ,or if you are going to use Alexander towing colours,it doesn't matter because apart from which way the monitors pointed they were identical almost
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:48:30 by model tugman »