Author Topic: Dozer Boat by Puffin (posted and moved from the "Cheers" thread)  (Read 3509 times)

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
Hi Glen:
I've started you a building thread here, so we can all follow your progress, and enjoy your great pictures :) :)
She sure looked and handled great up at Doug's the other day!

Cheers

Tugs53

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mike,
Here's a couple of shots of the hull I'm working on.  It's sixteen inches long and weights six pounds.  Haven't figured out yet all the detailing yet.  Has working hatch on foredeck.  This way I can reach in to the on/off switch.  On test trials, it will turn on it's own length.  Very maneuverable at slow or high speeds.  I'll keep you informed opf the progress.

Puffin

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:28:48 by TugMaster »
MIKE

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
Re: Dozer Boat by Puffin
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 01:24:30 »
These are posts that were posted in the "Daft Pictures Board" and have been moved to here, hope thats all ok !

ray28507
hi puffin thats a nice little boat you are building there    (just right for dougs pond )   hopefully get my chipper finished next week  then i can start building boats again  regards ray

Puffin 
HI RAY ;It is the same hull as the ALLEN  B hull.   puffin

ray28507
hi puffin the allen b make a nice little model     when ifinish my latest projects im thinking of having a go at one of the hulls from gary maybe a dozer or the black mould gary had in his workshop when we was there!  a nice little boat that looks   regards ray
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:27:58 by TugMaster »
Ok, so I like a drop !

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Re: Dozer Boat by Puffin (posted and moved from the "Cheers" thread)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 06:21:45 »
Looks familiar!

Keep your eyes open for another of these - they are a great Foss Cup participant (better when the cabin doesn't fly off in the middle of a run!). Like to build another to capture the interest of young grandchildren.

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 09:10:33 »
A second look at the hull - did you add the ribs and what was used? Beefs it up a bit.

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 08:10:27 »
HI MIKE ; The rubber is just glued on over the lg teeth ,so it can easyly be removed . But for the time being it is there to protect pools and other boats .  Yes I added some half round copper tubing to the hull . And I made the guard rail of copper tubing as well . I then could solder all the stanchons and screw them to the deck. Here is some of the latest shots .

PUFFIN

ray28507

• Admiral Poster
  • shuswap
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 12:35:18 »
hi puffin looking very nice  :)  i can see you have a 50mm nozzel / prop  what motor are you going to put in??
  regards ray
B.C tugs >>  ken mackenzie~07   nellie irene~07    freewinds ~04       sidewinder'in b.c~11'   iron horse~12  malley b~16  western mariner ~14  shuswap ~17
  u.s.a tugs> >  nanuq~11  in the build  hunter  - david j

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 17:00:23 »
HI RAY ; I'm not sure what moter I put in there . I think it is a 550 or 650 with a five to one reduction gear . Lot's of power and a fine bottem end . The hull is the same as the ALLEN B . If you look close at it you will see some unique things about it . I think gary has the mould for them .  PUFFIN