Author Topic: Burnaby Association Of Marine Modellers, Burnaby British Columbia,Canada  (Read 9767 times)

canute

BAMM is an RC boat club that sails out at Central Park Wednesday and Sunday mornings in Burnaby British Columbia, Canada. We run all types of boats but no gas powered boats allowed. We have our own club house in Central Park and are always looking for new members. So if you are interested in RC model boats please come out and see what this great club is up to. If you live in the lower mainland and have any questions please reply.
Kim
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 08:34:30 by tugs53 »

Brian

What times do you start?
I'm from the Sunshine Coast and would like to check it out.

canute

Brian, sorry for the late reply. Some members are at the clubhouse around 8am on Wednesdays and Sundays. Most members show up around 9:30 or 10 and all of this is dependent on the weather. For some odd reason we seem to get more members out during the winter. Give me a heads up before you come.
Kim

Sloughmac

• Dire Straits
    • Finn Slough Heritage & Wetland Society
Just a note to let you know we now have a BAMM website.  Just about everything is up to snuff so I thought I'd open it up to view.  I'll be working to add more features bit by bit so to speak.

http://sloughmac.wix.com/bammrc

Ulrich

P.S. is this post going to seen by anyone or should I start a new thread?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:18:27 by Sloughmac »

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Looks good Ulrich - forwarded the link to our Victoria guys.

ray28507

• Admiral Poster
  • SHUSWAP :2017
Just a note to let you know we now have a BAAM website.  Just about everything is up to snuff so I thought I'd open it up to view.  I'll be working to add more features bit by bit so to speak.

http://sloughmac.wix.com/bammrc

Ulrich

P.S. is this post going to seen by anyone or should I start a new thread?

thanks for the link ulrich  thats now in my favorites :) regards ray
B.C tugs >>  ken mackenzie~07   nellie irene~07    freewinds ~04       sidewinder'in b.c~11'   iron horse~12  malley b~16  western mariner ~14  shuswap ~17
  u.s.a tugs> >  nanuq~11

Sloughmac

• Dire Straits
Thanks guys.

Ulrich

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
Ulrich.

Nice photos.

What at the dimensions of those navigation buoys in the lake??

Can you describe there construction or materials and size.  I need to make some and they look good.

Hayden

VANYA

Sloughmac

• Dire Straits
Those buoys were made by Lorne T basically out of plumbing pipe and end caps.  You can send him note or if he sees this he will probably give you more info. 

Ulrich

photo by Canute

west coast tug

Here's some info on the Buoys ,For you fellows that want the same .
You can use a pop bottle and make it do the same  if you want a quick unit , But if looks are in try this out.
ABS or PVC tube pipe will work.
You can put a battery on the surface and light it up if required.
Gary

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
Thanks Gary.

I will try this with the ABS caps.

I might be able to find a flasher kit for the LED light for evening sailing.

Hayden
VANYA

west coast tug

The purpose of the 2 leads is that the Buoy will self center its self and not drift around.
The string is not tied to the base , But allowed to travel free in the eye.
You must know the water depth before to make these units work.
There is one part of are club pond that it will drift because the water depth .
The main weight to anchor is not added to the ballast.
Gary   

Lorne T.

Hi Vanya,    re.marker buoys
I made these many years ago out of 3 in. PVC sewer pipe and end caps. They are about 7 1/2in. long plus the little 4in. structure on top made out plastic and epoxied on the cap. The buoys have some sand inside to keep them upright when floating. Try them in the water with  sand before you seal the top cap. The fake light on top is just a push pin.
I tow these slowly with the tug to the required spot. Place the weights on the stern and when ready accelerate rapidly and the weight drops off the boat.  I pick up the buoys with a bent coat hanger that hooks on the forward starboard bollard and hangs over the port side and snags the buoy as you go by.
Lorne

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Here is another idea for the buoys from back east - just received it:

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
I've not been able to have the Burnaby website fully load in the last couple of days - just get the top portion and no further.

Am I the only one?

Thanks,
mike