Author Topic: Burnaby Association Of Marine Modellers, Burnaby British Columbia,Canada  (Read 9768 times)

Sloughmac

• Dire Straits
    • Finn Slough Heritage & Wetland Society
I've not been able to have the Burnaby website fully load in the last couple of days - just get the top portion and no further.

Am I the only one?

Thanks,
mike

I'm sorry to hear that Mike.  I've had no problems here.  What browser are you using?  Are you able to click on any of the drop down menus and open them?  I have used a free drag and drop service to build the site so I must say I'm not as internet savvy as I could be but if you give me some details I'll ask them about this and get back to you.  Thanks in advance.

Ulrich

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
Hi Mike,

Was able to open the BAMM website with the header bar, sub menu's, map , pond picture and the welcome note from the pres.  Don't know if there is any more to it than that.  All the sub menu's open for me.

Norm

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
That's odd!
I've tried it on both computers here at work - both only open up to the logo and header bar, click on the menu for each and 'error' pops up bottom left. Last week I had the whole works same as Norm below. Will try it when I get home on another computer.

These are old XP machines but not had a problem before.

Not a problem - will let you know later what happens at the home one.

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Well - it opened on the Windows 7 unit at home - not a problem!

I guess I have a couple of boat anchors at the office - but need the old XP for the programs I use.

Sloughmac

• Dire Straits
Well - it opened on the Windows 7 unit at home - not a problem!

I guess I have a couple of boat anchors at the office - but need the old XP for the programs I use.

Well that's the answer then.  The WiX site I use is a bit too modern for its own good.  It is a shame that the tech is not as backwards compatible as it it could be.  If I had the coding skills I could probably do something about that.  I'll see what I can do though.  Not every one has or should have to have the latest stuff if what they use works okay for most things.

Thanks - Ulrich

http://sloughmac.wix.com/bammrc
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 19:35:47 by Sloughmac »

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
I thought when the link was first posted that I did open it on the XP machine - only ceased to work last couple of times. There must be others with similar computers - hopefully they'll post if similar.

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Logged onto this today - no problem at all - great night photos!

Might have just been a slow connection.

Sloughmac

• Dire Straits
That's great - always a lot of variables I guess.  Thanks.

Ulrich

splinter2

I just came upon this thread and it brought back a lot of fond memories. I was a member back in the seventies, around the time the new clubhouse was built at the pond. John Tarvin, Dave Collis, and the Two Brothers come to mind. Many more I can't remember. The two Brothers had a ten or twelve foot Shell oil taker at the time.

Cheers

Tom

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Burnaby Club will have their regatta this Sunday - hope to make it and will see if I can post photos - you might recognize some boats. John Tarvin passed away this year - son Dave is running Burnaby Hobbies.

splinter2

Dave was just a wee nipper when I was around there. So sorry to hear of John's passing ... He was a great enthusiast.

Tom

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Here is a link to their website

http://www.bammrc.com/

might find it interesting.

Was hoping to make regatta today but slow out of the gate leaving Bellevue and their Tug regatta.

splinter2

Thanks Mike

I looked at the link and have saved it.

Tom