Author Topic: Normand Pioneer at Gremista - Lerwick, Shetland  (Read 2140 times)

Red_Hamish

Normand Pioneer at Gremista - Lerwick, Shetland
« on: August 14, 2008, 02:18:53 »
Hello all, well I had the camera with me the other day an unusual occurrence in itself and the opportunity arose to take a few pictures. One of which may interest was off the Offshore Support Vessel the Normand Pioneer a vessel equipped with a ROV moonpool and a Pipelaying moonpool.

cheers

Jim
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:28:18 by Red_Hamish »
enjoy life and model boating not necessarily in that order :-)
www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org  or www.paddleducks.co.uk and the best place to live
www.visitshetland.com of course!

Stefan

• tugboats.de
Re: Normand Pioneer at Gremista - Lerwick, Shetland
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 02:31:46 »
Hi Jim,
do you interested in a model of her??
Please have a look at the following website ( unfortunately its in german but very impressive )
http://www.schiffs-modell-bau.net/
Choose the point " Modell in Bau". There you will find a model of her.
Some information about Mr. Mottschall - owner of the page and model maker -:
He was world champion in model making several times and he is member of the OSV-Society. A very good and very, very experienced/ skilled modeller.

Best wishes
Stefan 8)
"Splice the mainbrace!"

manxman

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 08:45:44 »
An excellent link Stefan,

So Mr.Mottschell was a world champion - it certainly shows. His skills are superb.

Cheers - Ken
No matter which way you throw me - I'll always stand.

Red_Hamish

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 10:49:30 »
Heo all, well I may aswell pack away the tools and give the hobby up until I can spend some decent amount of time on any one project. The link you put up Stefan is enough to blow the mind of anyone who can respect another modellers works, nay passion and reverence of a beautifully crafted replica. Thanks for putting the link up and i'll go away to the cave and dwell on the missions in front before a life  consuming desire to attempt a similar project can take hold.

cheers

Jim
enjoy life and model boating not necessarily in that order :-)
www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org  or www.paddleducks.co.uk and the best place to live
www.visitshetland.com of course!